Should i be concerned about my enlarged lymph nodes? About two to three months ago i noticed a hard bump behind my ear. It has continued to get larger and I have figured out it is a lymph node. The node underneath it has now began to swell and I have anot

In brief: Lymph

Lymph nodes can become enlarged for many reasons.
They are often enlarged when an infection is present in or near them.(tonsils are lymph nodes inthe throat and become enlarged when you have a throat infection) when they enlarge due to infection they usually swell quickly an are painful or at least tender when touched. They also tend to shrink back to normal size after the infection resolves. Lymph nodes that enlarge slowly and remain enlarged for more than about a month are more worrisome including the possibility of cancer or some chronic inflammatory conditions such as lupus or sarcoidosis.

In brief: Lymph

Dr. Christopher Soika
Dr. Christopher Soika
Dr. Marsha Davis