Is it ok to suggest a med to your doctor? I was given a prescribtion for lortal but after researching meds found out that its a beta-blocker and can lead to diabetics. I asked for hydrochlorothiazide because the side affects are less. Is this o.K.

Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: At

At the heart of any good doctor-patient relationship is the ability to comfortably and effectively communicate, in both directions.
So sure you should feel comfortable making a suggestion. And the doctor should be able to tell you why he thinks its a good or bad idea. Best of luck.

In brief: At

Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Adam Smith