How to get rid of motion sickness? I suffer from motion sickness. Whenever I travel in a bus, I get nausea. However, I can drive my car for any length of time. Is this something that's stoppable?

Ask . Ask your doctor for a small prescription for scopolomine patch to see if that's helpful. Unfortunately, some people are very prone to motion sickness and medicines might not even help. I've had luck with the scopolomine, but also with benzos (ativan, xanax (alprazolam) -- if you're not the driver). There is certainly something different about being a passenger and being the one in command. Not sure why...
The . The answer to your question is this stoppable is no. Motion sickness is not a healed condition. It is a chronic condition and will arise at times when there is motion of the body in space, i.e. Car, boat, airplane rides, carnival rides, even standing on the pier overlooking the ocean. In the car riding in the back is worse than in the passenger seat up front. There may be a small segment of this population that get relief with the wrist bands sold in most drug stores. Scopolomine patches are commonly used for prolonged exposure events such as being on boats. Reading in the car or boat can worsten the nausea and vertigo. Antinausea medications such as merazine help many.