3 weeks ago i broke out on my face with red, dry patches of skin. Mainly under nose and around my mouth. What is it? 49 female. Hardly ever had acne and no history of skin disorders. It started out like a rash with pimples. The bumps are gone but the

Dr. James Newman
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: See your doctor

Contact dermatitis presents the way you described and can be a result of your skin being sensitized to a cream, soap, preservative, pillow fabric etc.
There are other potential diagnoses which will require an exam by a dermatologist to rule out other inflammatory skin conditions which can be treated with the right medication.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Jocelyn LaRocque
Dermatology

In brief: It

It sounds like you have something called perioral dermatitis.
This can be a common rash in women, especially this time of year. It tends to wax and wane but usually doesn't go away with out proper treatment. Treatment usually consists of a combination of a topical cream and an oral antibiotic. I recommend a trip to your dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis and to get the proper treatment to make you better. Good luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham