I have this bump about 2 inches from my knee bone, what could it be? It is sort of like a knot or maybe a growth and is very noticable.

Dr. Jonathan Kates
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I

I agree that without seeing your knee it is impossible to diagnose.
I would recommend you see an orthopaedic surgeon for evaluation.

In brief: I

Dr. Jonathan Kates
Dr. Jonathan Kates
Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Good

Good question but impossible to answer without more details such as how big, superficial or deep, size, color, is it tender or painful etc.
.. Did it develop spontaneously or post injury? Without knowing more, it would be prudent to have it evaluated with a good history, exam, x-rays and then possibly an ultrasound, mri, and/or attempt at aspiration. If the evaluation is inconclusive it should be biopsied by someone experienced with proper techiniques in extremity biospy. Best of luck.

In brief: Good

Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Buck Parker