Im a having a miscarriage? I got punched in the stomach now im bleeding out my vagina heavily. Im on birth control and im wondering if this could be internal bleeding or a miscarriage.

Dr. Jon Spiers
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Maybe

Contraceptives are not foolproof, so you could have been (or still are) pregnant.
But just as important - why were you punched? Have you sought care? Are you in an abusive relationship, or are you a boxer/mma competitor? You need to talk to your doctor about all these things. Your bleeding is not normal - seek help before it is too late! ohope this helps!

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Jon Spiers
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Are

Are you pregnant? If you are, you could be miscarrying and need to call your OB doctor right away or go to the emergency room. Even if you are not pregnant, you are having heavy bleeding after a trauma and you need to seek care immediately.
Either give your doctor a call or go to the emergency room.

In brief: Are

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis