I've been in a bad car accident 1 month ago now im suffering these attacks where my heart beats fast grinding me teeth no sleep. Its ver uncomfortable what should I do

Dr. Levi Palmer
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: See a doctor

Grinding teeth is probably the least of your problems.
I'm so sorry for your accident. It sounds like it was very traumatic. Visiting your family Doc would be a good place to start. They are great at helping in these situations. If you are still grinding your teeth after that, contact a dentist and inform him of you problem. There are multiple treatments for grinding teeth.

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Levi Palmer
Dr. Levi Palmer
Dr. Randall LaFrom
Dentistry

In brief: Night grinding

There are a few options.
One is to have a night guard made so you don't grind your teeth down. Secondly, you will want to have a dentist verify that your jaw isn't cracked of your teeth chipped or your TMJ pushed in a way that you grind more. Sometimes a minor tooth adjustment will minimize the grinding.

In brief: Night grinding

There are a few options.
Dr. Randall LaFrom
Dr. Randall LaFrom
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Anxiety management

Anxiety management may help.
See your md/do to check heart rate and to advise you as to anxiety management. Your dentist should be able to make an occlusal orthotic (splint) to help protect your teeth.

In brief: Anxiety management

Anxiety management may help.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: It

It sounds a little like the car accident affected your psyche.
Depression, anxiety are among the possibilities. You might consider seeing your physician to see if they can help you or refer you for conseling to help you get thru this. Best wishes.

In brief: It

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry

In brief: TMJ Evaluation

You should have a consult with your md about the heart beat situation but a consult with a TMJ specialist may find out if your jaw may have been damaged in some way to either cause a TMJ problem or exacerbate a preexisting condition which could be a source of the increased grinding.

In brief: TMJ Evaluation

Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dr. Sander White
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Get a diagnosis

Injuries can mess up muscles and jaw joints.
This can be a factor in tooth grinding. Get a competent diagnosis from a competent dentist to help you solve this.

In brief: Get a diagnosis

Dr. Sander White
Dr. Sander White
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery