As a child I used to smoke paper without any tobacco did this do anything to my body?

Yes. If your exposure was limited to drawing in smoke, you did the equivalent of cooking over an open fire & inhaling smoke. Your body has the to clean up your lungs over time, so a year or more after you quit polluting your lungs they had already returned to a near normal state. This is the same self healing that smokers can gain if they just quit, although some damage for them may persist.
Yes. You inhaled partially burned paper. This introduced carbon particulates, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and oxides of heavy metals that may have been in the paper into your lungs. There is nothing good about that, but also, not much is known about the long term effects of doing that on one's health.
Yes. Most likely, as paper has many chemicals in it that could be cancerous. Burning paper can liberate or transform chemicals & increase their power to help trigger cancer.