I have a small needle pain in my stomach. Below my rib cage and it come and goes father had a triple bypas in 97and my father has high blood pressure

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This is a very non specific symptom, however cardiac pain can present in unusual ways.
Based on your family history it is not a bad idea to have a medical evaluation by your primary care provider. It can be something as simple as gas or something more serious. If you have no other accompanying symptoms like nausea, vomiting, chest pain, sweating, then it is likely not an indication of a myocardial infarction (mi) or angina (lack of blood flow to the heart). However please get a medical exam and testing. Take care.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology