What is a healthy amount of weight to lose for a 16 year old female? I've just recently turned 16 and have struggled with my weight for years. I would assume i weigh around 155-160 and I am 5'4". I would like to lose 20-25 lbs by the middle of march. Is t

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: For

For your height a healthy weight is about 140-145, therefore you probably need to lose about 10-15 pounds.
A healthy way to lose weight is by adopting a healthy lifestyle. This would include exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week, more if possible. Weight training is key. Also a healthy diet. Eats six small meals a day. Your plate should be half veggies (green if possible) 1/4 lean meat, and 1/4 whole grains (i.E brown rice). If you need additional help or a plan to follow, request a visit with a nutritionist; your pediatrician or family doctor can refer you. Good luck.

In brief: For

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham