I have been on 100mg pristiq for about 7 months for depression. I feel like I am doing better and want to quit the medication. I have read that you should not quit cold turkey. I have only taken it once in the past 4 days and the only side effect since qu

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: You're right.

It is best to gradually wean antidepressants - and this should be done with the professional assistance of an expert in depression and psychopharmacologic meds.

In brief: You're right.

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Marina Doulova

In brief: It

It is important to consult the discontinuation of treatment with your psychiatrist.
Few reasons for not doing it on your own. Doctor can evaluate your current depression. If depression is in remission, it is also important to identify the risk factors for worsening of condition after stopping the medication. It can be better monitored if you still in care. It can be prevented as needed if there are any changes in mental status. Good luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Marina Doulova
Dr. Marina Doulova