I have a renal lower poll cyst on my kidney and i want to know if it is always cancerous what are the symptoms of the cyst

Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: A

A cyst in the kidney is not always cancer.
In fact most renal cysts are benign and not cancerous. Most people with renal cysts have no symptoms. Hope that info helps.

In brief: A

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: More info

Most, but not all, renal cysts are not cancerous.
However, the features of the cyst are important in assessing risk. Cysts that have complex features such as nodularity, contrast enhancement, thick calcifications, etc. Are high risk for cancer. Most renal cysts do not cause symptoms. In rare cases with large cysts, these cysts can cause early satiety, bleeding or pain.

In brief: More info

Dr. Richard Link
Dr. Richard Link
Dr. Keegan Duchicela