A friend of mine's mother in law has surgery 3 days ago, she has not awakened from surgery yet? When do we start to worry? Person had to have emergency surgery because masses were found in the stomach, the colon was blocked. The patient had surgery 3 da

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: This

This is not an orthopedic question since she had an abdominal surgery.
The main concern is not if she has woken up but is she breathing on her own or is she in a respirator? If she is in a respirator that is not good.

In brief: This

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Jonathan Kates
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I

I would be concerned of course, but it is possible that her surgeons anticipated this, or may even be keeping her unconscious to control her respiration.

In brief: I

Dr. Jonathan Kates
Dr. Jonathan Kates
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine