Are there any herbs that help with childhood asthma?

Not really. None at least that have proven effective. The best way to prevent asthma attacks is to avoid any known triggers for your child's asthma. If your child is having nighttime symptoms or using their rescue inhaler (like albuterol) more than a couple times a week see your doctor. Your child may need to be on stronger medications.
Maybe. There are a number of herbal substances being actively investigated including boswellia, ayurveda, belladonna, black tea, borage seed oil, butterbur, and coleus. There are fungi, enzymes, and other things being investigated too. None of these except boswellia has enough evidence to make a safe recommendation for use in children; and there's some thought that boswellia may mask symptoms.
Avoid smoke. I would advise reviewing the triggers of your child's asthma and developing an asthma action plan. If there is smoke exposure this should be eliminated from your child's environment. Herbal remedies are not currently advised. I would be happy to book a virtual consultation.
Not Proven. Dr levey's answer is accurate, but the precise answer is that nothing has yet been proven to help.