Are there any herbs that help with childhood asthma?

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Not really

None at least that have proven effective.
The best way to prevent asthma attacks is to avoid any known triggers for your child's asthma. If your child is having nighttime symptoms or using their rescue inhaler (like albuterol) more than a couple times a week see your doctor. Your child may need to be on stronger medications.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Maybe

There are a number of herbal substances being actively investigated including boswellia, ayurveda, belladonna, black tea, borage seed oil, butterbur, and coleus.
There are fungi, enzymes, and other things being investigated too. None of these except boswellia has enough evidence to make a safe recommendation for use in children; and there's some thought that boswellia may mask symptoms.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Avoid smoke

I would advise reviewing the triggers of your child's asthma and developing an asthma action plan.
If there is smoke exposure this should be eliminated from your child's environment. Herbal remedies are not currently advised. I would be happy to book a virtual consultation.

In brief: Avoid smoke

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Not Proven

Dr levey's answer is accurate, but the precise answer is that nothing has yet been proven to help.

In brief: Not Proven

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster