Everything that I eat or drink except water has a bitter taste. This started a few days ago. I gargled with listerine and salt water. I brushed my tongue. I ate a piece of pie and it still tasted bitter. Why could it be?

Bitter taste. Certain medications cause a bitter taste as well as infections. There may be a systemic problem. A suggestion would be to identify when this problem developed, note any changes in diet or use of over the counter medication and discuss this with your primary care doctor.
This . This problem is actually not too uncommon and has a huge differential of potential causes such as: - nasal drainage - nasal polyps - bad tooth - gastroesophageal reflux - salivary gland obstruction/ dry mouth - medications - a neurological problem with the taste receptors and that's just scraping the surface! you should see your doctor or an otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat specialist) for an exam and a work-up. Hopefully, if they can find the cause, they can fix the problem. Good luck!
Many possibilities. This could be coming from a variety of causes. You need to be evaluated by doctors who understand the implications of changes of taste sensation. An ENT might be a good place to start.