What does it mean when you have a lot of blood come out in your stool? I am a 38 yr old male this is becoming a reaccuring thing about once or twice a month I do smoke and drink.

The . The most common causes for blood in the stool are external or internal hemorrhoids, fissures, cancer, infection in the colon, and abnormal blood vessels. As you see there are many causes. You will need an examination/testing by a medical professional in order to uncover the reasons for your symptoms. Also anemia needs to be ruled out. All the best.
See your doctor. Blood in the stool can be something as simple and relatively harmless as hemorrhoids, or it can be underlying bowel disease, like ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease, as well as diverticulitis. The only way to know for sure is to do more specific testing, usually colonoscopy or xrays of the bowel. The most serious thing it could be is colon cancer. See your health care provider for advice.