I am prescribed opana but recently have been suffering from panic/anxiety attacks and was prescribed Xanax is it safe to mix? I take 2 40mg opana a day, but recently I have been suffering from panic and major anxiety pacing back and forth not being able t

Depends on dose. Benzodiazepines and opioids can be dangerous together, and it is critical that your doctor knows you are taking both. The best treatment for panic attacks is to prevent them - antidepressants (ssris and snris) are best for that - zoloft, celexa, lexapro, Effexor (venlafaxine) etc. - discuss those with your doctor. If a benzo is used, the lowest dose (xanax or clonopin 0.25 mg) would be where i would start.
According . According to drugs.Com, there is a moderate interaction between the two drugs. Together, they can make you sleepy and less alert than either one alone. You should avoid activities that require mental alertness and motor coordination (like driving a car) while taking both medications. If you have any additional questions or do not feel comfortable taking the medications, you should call the doctor that prescribed them to you and discuss. There may be other options for you. Good luck!