My whole stomach tightened but didn't hurt could this be a real contraction? I'll be 39 weeks this sunday and this is my second child but first for a vaginal birth. I've been having false labor for a month and could tell the difference. My husband and i

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This sounds like a classic braxton hicks contraction.
It can be very difficult to tell the difference between these contractions and true labor contractions. Keep this in mind, if the contractions are not getting onsistently stronger, longer, and closer together then you are likely in false labor, if not, and they are increasing in intensity and length and more frequent then you should call your doctor right away or present to OB triage. Best of luck!

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Shontae Buffington