What can cause pain in the lower right side of abdomen? I recently been having pain in my lower right side of abdomen and now i feel the pain in my whole entire stomach abdomen area. And experiencing chest pains and occasional weakness in the left arm mos

Dr. Maritza Baez

In brief: Anything

Most people think their whole abdomen is their stomach, but the stomach is in the upper middle or upper left of the abdomen.
If your lower abdomen hurts, that could be your skin, muscles, bladder, uterus, or intestines. If the upper part of your abdomen hurts, it could be acid reflux, pancreatitis, or other problems. See a doctor for an assessment.

In brief: Anything

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: Depending

Depending on your age and other comorbidities (like your general health, if you have risks for heart disease, if you smoke, etc) you really ought to consider getting back to your doctor asap.
Really, until proven otherwise, this sounds like a heart problem. However, if that's definitively been ruled out to your doctor's and your satisfaction, there certainly some other more benign things to think of. The first thing people think of with the right lower quadrant is related to the appendix. Depending on the scan you had (contrast or not), they may have also been able to rule out diverticulosis (which may or may not hurt, and if becomes infected is called diverticulitis). Depending on age and risks, you could have a blockage in the gut. Sometimes people present to me with these symptoms and are just simply constipated (but -- that's a diagnosis i'd only make after an extensive evaluation of the other things i've listed here). I've had patients with gall bladder problems present with right lower abdominal pain and ct scans aren't sensitive enough to make that diagnosis for some reason. You should also consider ulcer disease. So, lots to consider , but i think the safest thing to do is get back with your doctor as soon as you can. Good luck to you!

In brief: Depending

Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology