Am I pregnant? Or what are my chances? I had sex sunday afternoon (dec. 4th, 2011) and the condom broke right as he was ejaculating. I was supposed to receive my period today (dec 7th, 2011) and my last period started nov. 9, 2011 and lasted about 6 days.

As . As doctors, anytime a fertile, sexually active woman has an abnormally light or missed period, the first thing we do is rule out pregnancy. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. If you get your period this month, odds are that you are not pregnant. You are also helping your odds of not being pregnant by using a back-up method (condom) and using the Plan B pill as soon as possible when the condom broke. There are also other reasons in your situation besides pregnancy that can cause you to miss a period such as not taking your birth control daily, using the Plan B pill, and the stress of your finals. The best way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test.