I am on necon 1/35 last week had a light period lasted 1 and a half days, usually last 4 to 5 days and this week I am nasous breast are tender

As . As doctors, anytime a fertile, sexually active woman has an abnormally light or missed period, the first thing we do is rule out pregnancy. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed or light period. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. However, Necon 1/35 is a low estrogen pill. This means that it can cause you to have less of a build-up of your uterine lining which equals a short, light or even missed period. If you have been using the pill correctly (which means taking it at the same time every day) then your light period is most likely from this side effect and not from pregnancy. Even though missed or light periods are a known and sometimes desired side effect of Necon 1/35, if this is not working for you, talk to your doctor about trying another pill with a higher estrogen content.