Is there a problem with my husbands right side skull flap? He had double skull cranioplasty sept 2010, left is total healed and fine, looks great. Right side still has depression and the two round titianium plates are sticking out uncomfortably. An X-ray

Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: No

No long drawn out answer here.
He needs to go back to the surgeon who did the flaps in the first place. The right side may need to be revised. It has been over a year and it is not normal to have to be having this problem. He should not put up with it any longer.

In brief: No

No long drawn out answer here.
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. John O'Malley
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Not qualified

This question should be directed to a neurosurgeon or those doctors who use such techniques.
I am not qualified to answer.

In brief: Not qualified

I am not qualified to answer.
Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. John O'Malley