What to do to a painful and swollen spider bite? Do you have to seek medical attention? I live on campus and the clinic's booked for the rest of the week, so I wanna know what I can do to relieve the pain

I . I would recommend that you try to be seen as soon as possible for the area. Certainly, you could have a spider bite, but very often an abscess is confused for a spider bite. If it is a spider bite, it may also be secondarily infected. Either way, the area may need to be drained and cultured and you also might need an antibiotic. Waiting to have the area treated may be dangerous to your health. My advice would be to try to get in to be seen urgently at the campus clinic or go to an urgent care/emergency department to have it evaluated.