Period question hello. I am two days late for my period which is usually about 28 days apart. I have had sex once in the past month and a condom was used. I am nervous because I have had all the signs of getting my period the past week such as light cramp

As . As doctors, anytime a fertile, sexually active woman has an abnormally light or missed period, the first thing we do is rule out pregnancy. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period, so another negative test would help confirm that you are not pregnant. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. That being said, other things can delay your period such as stress (from illness), extreme exercise, weight loss, poor diet, or a hormone imbalance such as a thyroid disorder or polycystic ovary syndrome. Antibiotics can cause hormonal birth control to not be as effective as it would be otherwise, but would not affect the efficacy of the condom.