How do I know if I have lipoma? How do I remove it without surgically removing it. I have a lump on my back and its starting to hurt and getting bigger, is it lipoma?

In brief: Likely

But some sebaceous cysts can get large also.
With lipoma and if enlarging rapidly, liposarcomas can be a problem! see a surgeon and get examined and treated.

In brief: Likely

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Grant Lynde
Anesthesiology

In brief: It's

It's possible this is a lipoma or it could be something else like an abscess.
A lipoma is usually "mushy" and feels like a clump of fat under normal appearing skin while an abscess is usually red and hard. Sometimes bumping a lipoma can feel like an electric shock while abscesses are usually painful all the time. The only way to obtain a diagnosis is to see your physician. Your physician may be able to remove the lipoma in their office using local anesthesia if it's about the size of a 50 cent-piece or smaller.

In brief: It's

Dr. Grant Lynde
Dr. Grant Lynde