Do I have acute bronchitis? I have been experiencing a dry cough(little mucus coming up, which is light green), soreness of chest due to coughing(sometime lower abdomen, also associated with coughing). I also been in and out of a fever. Smyptoms have last

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: You

You could very well have bronchitis based on your symptoms, however you will need to be evaluated by a medical professional to be sure.
A basic auscultation of your lungs with a stethoscope may be all that is necessary to make the diagnosis. Additional testing may be done if deemed necessary (x-ray, sputum culture). Bronchitis can be viral or bacterial; most commonly viral, which usually resolves on it's own by one to two weeks. Good luck.

In brief: You

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology