Will i end up having cervical cancer I have been having pain in my lower abdomen were my cervix and uturus is. I have had my IUD in for three years now. I had a pap smear a few weeks ago and the doctor said that my IUD is in good place and seems to be d

Dr. Lauren Stegman
Radiation Oncology

In brief: You

You need to discuss the results of your pap smear with your doctor again so you better understand what was found.
Sometimes a test is done with the pap smear to determine if the cerix is infected with a strain of hpv that would put you at a higher risk for cancer and sometimes a special examination of the cervix called a colposcopy is needed to double check the area. Thankfully, many, many women who have abnormal cells will not develop cancer.

In brief: You

Dr. Lauren Stegman
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Dr. Jane Van Dis