Why would my urine test show neg. For Xanax (alprazolam) 0.5mg nightly I have severe depression and panic anxiety attacks, i take plavix75mg, celexa40mg, metoprolol er50mg, pravastatin sodium40mg 81mg asprine, and Prilosec otc

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I hope i understand your question.
Are you saying that you take xanax (alprazolam) every night, however it failed to show up on a urine drug screen? Xanax is a benzodiazepine, which is what will be positive is xanax (alprazolam) is found in the urine. If you take it nightly then the test should have been positive, however there are situations where the test comes back negative although xanax (alprazolam) is present, this is called a false negative result. It is not an uncommon occurrence.

In brief: I

I hope i understand your question.