Why would my urine test show neg. For Xanax (alprazolam) 0.5mg nightly I have severe depression and panic anxiety attacks, i take plavix75mg, celexa40mg, metoprolol er50mg, pravastatin sodium40mg 81mg asprine, and Prilosec otc

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Low dose

That is a very small dose of xanax, (alprazolam) and your urine, especially if you drink lots of fluids, may be dilute enough that the results fall below the limits of detection of the specific test and will be reported as negative.
In general, the first morning urine of the day is the most concentrated, and that specimen is more likely to be positive.

In brief: Low dose

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Xanax is technically a triazolobeziodiazepine, as are klonopin and halcion. In the standard benzodiazepine tests they sometimes are not detected because of this slight difference in structure.
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I hope i understand your question.
Are you saying that you take xanax (alprazolam) every night, however it failed to show up on a urine drug screen? Xanax is a benzodiazepine, which is what will be positive is xanax (alprazolam) is found in the urine. If you take it nightly then the test should have been positive, however there are situations where the test comes back negative although xanax (alprazolam) is present, this is called a false negative result. It is not an uncommon occurrence.

In brief: I

I hope i understand your question.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Eric Weisman