I have arthritis in my hip. When i exercise by walking that seems to make it hurt worse. This is regardless of whether i walk a little or a lot. It happens every time i walk and is getting a little bit worse most of the time. The pain is behaving the same

Dr. Douglas Chang
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: yup

Our hip joints have a treadlife.
Walking/stairs/running all load the joint and make it hurt. Check out this book, "heal your hips" available on amazon.Com.

In brief: yup

Our hip joints have a treadlife.
Dr. Douglas Chang
Dr. Douglas Chang
Dr. Gary Sterba
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: You

You have to see a rheumatologist and he has to review your x rays and give advice on wath to do ! if you have severe disease or compromise of your hip , standarts of care are well defined.

In brief: You

Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine