My dad had a nuclear bone scan. Nuclear bone scan findings: there are several focal areas of isotope accumulation in the region of the sacroiliac joints bilaterally which correspond to lesions noted on the CT pelvis consistent with bony me

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Possibly metastases

Nuclear bone scans usually demonstrate areas of increased bone metabolism, the bone reacting to a stimulus, such as tumor, fracture, infection, etc.
Bone scan is very sensitive but not specific. Ct and MRI are cross sectional imaging that can more specifically identify the pathology and characterize the abnormalities on bone scan.

In brief: Possibly metastases

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Bony

Bony metastatic disease refers to cancer that has spread from another site to the bone, commonly called mets; (according to this report the mets are found in the right hip (right iliac) and left fifth rib).
The kidneys and soft tissue are fine. Does your dad have prostate, lung or another form of cancer? I am confused as to why you are posting this question here. His doctors should have explained the results in detail with him and the family members that are involved in his care. Please make sure all doctors involved are keeping your dad informed of all the details/results regarding his condition. Take care.

In brief: Bony

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Marsha Davis