I am worried that I am possibly pregnant because i was taking an antibiotic while on birth control i had sexual intercourse 13 days ago but used a condom properly as a means of back up. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and the results came back negative.

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There's

There's no way to know whether you are pregnant or not without the test.
You can either take another home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period, so another negative test would help confirm that you are not pregnant. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come.

In brief: There's

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis