What should I do about a swollen lymph node on the right side of my jawline in my cheek? In july a lymph node in my cheek swelled up to about a cherry size. This was causing much pain and I visited a doctor who believed it to be an infection I was put on

Monitoring Centers. Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells/digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph everywhere for bad stuff like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.
A . A lump in the cheek is suggestive of a parotid gland (salivary gland) infection possibly a tumor. Initial treatment heat, suck on sour balls to stimulate saliva flow, and anti inflammatory such as advil (ibuprofen). If not better see an ENT physician to further evaluate.