This is the third time I have started my menstrual cycle in one month, I am passing blood clots what can I do? I was told I have endometriosis, for the past two years I have been getting abnormal paps. I have been in and out of the ER for pelvic pain and

Dr. Lauren Stegman
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Endometriosis

Endometriosis itself does not usually cause the kind of bleeding you describe, but it can be a contributing factor. With your history of abnormal pap smears you really need to see a good gynecologist right away to get the bottom of this problem and make sure you don't have a cancer causing the bleeding.

In brief: Endometriosis

Dr. Lauren Stegman
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Dr. Wendy Askew

In brief: Need evaluation

By definition this is abnormal bleeding (not true menstrual cycles).
Endometriosis can cause abnl menses, but depending on your age, weight, other causes may be contributing. Hx of irregular/skipping periods can result in build up of lining in uterus then heavy/irreg bleeding; thyroid problms, polyps, precancerous changes or cancer(of cvx or ut), ovarian cysts, fibroids can cause.Need to see gyn dr.

In brief: Need evaluation

Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery