Help i did an MRI of my cervical spine and the result was posterior disc herniations as noted at c-4 c-5 with impingement straightening and reversal of the normal curvature on the saggital views. Mild disc space narrowing as noted at c-4 c-5. Posterior d

Dr. Michael Khoury
Radiology

In brief: Hi,

Hi, what are your concerns/specific questions? These results discribed are disk disease/degenerative changes, there is nothing described to tell of how sever eit is so it is difficult to know what the extent is without seeing the images.
The most important thing concerning the MRI is to make sure the finding are consistent with your symptoms in order to tell if it is of any concern. As we age, most of us have the abnormalities as described in your report, but the importance is deciding if this is the cause of your symptoms. This should be done by your doctor. Let me know if i can be of further assistance. Dr khoury usradreview.Com mkhoury@usradreview.Com.

In brief: Hi,

Dr. Michael Khoury
Dr. Michael Khoury
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: I

I recommend consultation with qualified spine surgeon to determine if your cervical disk disease is causing symptomatic spinal cord or nerve root compression.
This requires a detailed review of your symptoms, medical history, treatments, physical exam and mri. Then they will help determine if you have symptomatic cord compression. In the absence of significant neurological findings of spinal nerve or cord compression (pain, weakness, bowel and bladder dysfunction, spasticity (tightness), spinal cord dysfunction/myelopathy, but not limited to these findings) most people benefit from a trial of conservative treatment of physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications, and steroid injections. Surgery should only be considered when conservative therapy fails, indicated and when surgery has a high chance of improving the patients complaints.

In brief: I

Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Eric Weisman