Alot of my veins have become rock hard in my arms and hard lumps also. Yes I use to be a IV drug user. Will those go away or seek attn. I have checked it out and the blood i drew out wuz dark and sludge like

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: See your doctor

People who have extensively injected into their veins may develop clots and scarring to the point where it blocks all of the superficial veins in their body.
Some IV addicts end up injecting into their neck to hit the jugular veins after they use up all the others. See your doctor for an evaluation. It is unusual for superficial clotting to have any major health consequences, but can cause edema.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: The

The hard lumps and rock hard veins are from your body's inflammatory response to the drugs and impurities that were mixed with them that you injected.
They will not go away in the short term. If you no longer inject yourself with drugs, they may with a long, long time gradually soften and go away. The veins themselves will never be the same. Best wishes.

In brief: The

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Jack Hinkle