Im 46 and have had a period for more than 3 weeks straight. Im very tired any ideas? I have had this happen before last july 2010 but it only lasted 2 weeks.Im kinda worried been passing clots, and I am very tired. I have no heath insurance and have be

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This could possibly be an emergency situation.
The bleeding has likely caused you to be anemic resulting in you being very tired. I have seen many patients that present this way that end up in the hospital getting a blood transfusion and possibly a hysterectomy. I don't want to scare you but I do want you to know the possible severity of the situation. You may be dealing with uterine fibroids (benign tumors of the uterus), endometrial hyperplasia or tumor etc. That are the cause of the bleeding. Being uninsured does not mean that you should go without care. Your local county hospital will be able to provide you with services for a fee that is based on your income or lack therof. Please seek treatment right away. All the best.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Smith