Abnormal period or something else? I'm not sure if this is my period but if it is, it is a week early. I started bleeding about 3 days ago which started out as dark brown discharge. Then the day after i've had several clots and my flow is very light. I do

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Periods

Periods can present in different ways.
Your cycle can be off, meaning variation in the length; for example it could be 27 days one month and 21 days the next. Dark brown discharge is common at the beginning and the end of the menstrual cycle. In addition clotting is not uncommon. Unless the bleeding persists or you have an odor, discharge, or irritation then you there is no reason to see your doctor. Best of luck.

In brief: Periods

Periods can present in different ways.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham