I have a swollen lump on the side of my neck and white spots on the back of my throat. Sore throat - this has been there for two weeks

Dr. Syed H. Sajid

In brief: Infections/ HIV

With sore throat and lump on the side of neck, whether tender or non- tender, possibilities of a pharyngitis with enlarged cervical lymph nodes or a strep throat is there.
White spots on the back of throat, could be because of a candidia infection, which may be due to immune deficiency and even HIV should be included in the differential diagnosis. Please consult your pcp. Thanks.

In brief: Infections/ HIV

Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: It can be infection

If your throat is sore and the lymph node/lump on your neck is tender to touch, you should go see your doctor as it can be strept throat which often requires further testing and antibiotics for treatment.

In brief: It can be infection

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine