Possible spreading upper tooth absess...Should i go to the er? One month ago i went to the dentist with a broken tooth that broke a month earlier. I didn't seek help immediately due to the fact that I have no dental insurance. My husbands friend who is a

Dr. Tony Menendez
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Contact dentist ASAP

Contact a dentist asap.
Dental abcesses can spread an cause complications. Proper antibiotics are needed and treatment scheduled.

In brief: Contact dentist ASAP

Contact a dentist asap.
Dr. Tony Menendez
Dr. Tony Menendez
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: Get it treated

If you have an abscessed tooth you need to have it treated by a dentist.
Treatment for abscess is antibiotics followed by definitive treatment of root canal or extraction. You must get the tooth treated. An abscess will not resolve on its own and will spread. If you can't afford treatment, go to a free clinic. Some dentists also offer payment plans.

In brief: Get it treated

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck

In brief: ER

The er will not treat your tooth, but will give you antibiotics to hold you over for a few days until you can get to a dentist.
Antibiotics will not restore your damaged tooth. Tens of millions of patients do not have insurance, but they still get dental treatment. Find a way via financing if need be to have it treated.

In brief: ER

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis