My blood pressure is 175 over 110. I. What should I do? I have already take 320 mg of diovan (valsartan).

Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: Please

Please see your physician, your antihypertension meds need to be adjusted.

In brief: Please

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. David Cooke

In brief: Clearly,

Clearly, you need to see your doctor to have your medication changed, without delay.
Your pressure is at a very dangerous level, and could cause you problems in the short term. Medication combinations are the rule, rather than the exception, for treatment of high blood pressure. You will need at least one medication added to your diovan (valsartan). A thiazide diuretic such as hydrochlorothiazide is a common choice, as the side effects of Diovan (valsartan) and hydrochlorothiazide tend to offset each other. However, there are a variety of potential choices. Another consideration is to make sure that you don't have another medical condition that is elevating your pressure. Kidney disease, thyroid disease, sleep apnea, and drinking more than 3 ounces of alcohol are among the most common. Addressing them may be important to controlling you blood pressure. In any case, you need to see your doctor immediately. Pressures in this range can cause strokes, heart attacks, and kidney failure.

In brief: Clearly,

Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology