Is it normal to occasionally feel as if my heart is beating in the right side of my head, towards the front? In the past i felt a numbness in my head when i'm eating. Is this normal?

Dr. Atif Haque
Neurosurgery

In brief: Pulsatile tinnitus

Pulsatile ringing in your ears might be a symptom of a blood vessel abnormality in your skull/brain.
You should get this checked out by your doctor.

In brief: Pulsatile tinnitus

Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Atif Haque
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: No,

No, it is not normal and should be addressed.
It is especially not normal for you to feel numbness in your head while you eat. Report your symptoms to your doctor, and until you have your appointment, document the times you feel numbness as well as when you feel throbbing in your head. Note what activity you are doing when these symptoms arise and how long they last. These symptoms can have multiple causitive factors such as caffeine intake, anxiety or migraine onset, to name a few. It is very important to see your doctor about these symptoms.

In brief: No,

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Eric Weisman