Should I be worried if I have burning and stinging pains in my head after chiari surgery?

Dr. Philip Rosenblum

In brief: Talk to your surgeon

You may have a pinched nerve or a healing nerve ending causing the pain, but your surgeon should be aware of any unusual symptoms after a procedure.

In brief: Talk to your surgeon

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatrics - Neurology

In brief: They cut nerves

Surgery to the back of the skull will cause cut nerves and muscles.
These will take time to repair and heal. During the healing there will be strange feelings or dysesthesia. These should resolve once the nerves heal. Persistent dysesthesia may need more intense investigation.

In brief: They cut nerves

Dr. William Goldie
Dr. William Goldie
Dr. Steven Seres