I have taken 2 pregnancy test and they both came back negative, I am still having symptoms of pregnancy, could i still be pregnant for the last week and a half I have been having symptoms of pregnancy. I have been nauseous, I have fatigue, mood swings, fo

In brief: When HPT?

When were the home pregnancy tests taken? If immediately after you missed your period - then would repeat at least a week out with a first morning void.

In brief: When HPT?

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: It

It depends on whether you have missed your period and when you took your tests.
As doctors, anytime a fertile, sexually active woman has an abnormally light or missed period, the first thing we do is rule out pregnancy. You can either take another home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period, so another negative test would help confirm that you are not pregnant. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come.

In brief: It

Dr. Jane Van Dis