I feel IUD strings outside my body....What should I do? So october my period was 23 days late.. Then nov 2nd i started bleeding very bright red with a few clots... I didn't think anything of it. And now when i feel for my IUD the strings are way longer th

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If you think the string is longer and that the iud may be coming out - then you need to call your ob/gyne right away.
Sometimes this just happens. Do not try to re-position the iud yourself. Make sure you use a back-up form of birth control until your iud has been checked. Below i attached a web site with lots of helpful iud information. Good luck!

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis