Is it appropriate to send my Doctor and his assistant a small Christmas gift basket? I have seen my doctor for almost 7 years, he has gone above and beyond too many times to count. I really have an affection (plutonic) for my doctor, he really is the bes

answered:

Physicians

Physicians and their staff are always appreciative of patient acknowledgements. Thank you cards and small gifts are appreciated. Don't make it too expensive. It's really the thoughtfulness that we appreciate.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Sure

Doctors
they would be flattered!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

answered:

Sure

Doctors
If you wish to express your thanks for your excellent care in this fashion, it is appropriate. We always appreciate this kind of surprise, and the staff are quick to enjoy it. Be moderate and appropriate in the size and the message. It is a nice thing to do.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Absolutely!

Open-uri20121224-17391-14t2fg5
Everyone needs to be appreciated. If your doc and their staff have been taking good care of you, it's very appropriate for you to express your appreciation with a nice card and/or a small gift. Nothing extravagant, just a heartfelt expression of appreciation.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

answered:

Absolutely

Open-uri20130105-11925-14v7imb
Everyone likes to feel appreciated and made aware that their efforts are recognized. This is incredibly thoughtful on your behalf, but keep this to a minimum gift. Most appreciated are the cards and comments. Sometimes many of us wonder what patients think and this certainly helps.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

YES!!!

Healthcare
Doctors and their staff really do appreciate the sentiment of thanks. The quality of the gift is secondary to the message of thanks. We greatly appreciate it when patients just let us know how much our work is thought of. So, just a note of thanks is as generous as a gift. Most of us in healthcare are in the profession to be helpful, and hearing your thanks is the perfect gift itself!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer Healthcare

answered:

Yes

Fibromyalgia
We like to know we have been appreciated, just like everyone else.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

answered:

This is good

Doctors
Physicians get "burnout" at unprecedented rates nowadays in our dysfunctional health care system. You have no idea how glad this would make us. Be sure it is under $100 (the number I was taught for receiving an ethical gift from a patient.)
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

answered:

Of course!

Doctors
My staff loves gifts of appreciation at Christmas! It is always nice to be appreciated as a doc and it helps to keep staff morale up during what is usually a very hectic time of the year for medical offices. Thanks for being thoughtful and Merry Christmas!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Certainly is

Doctors
Indicates your appreciation & will be very much appreciated. I have noticed that grateful patients, or parents of patients are not as generous regarding gifts as they used to be in the past. Maybe co-pays turn people off, or it is just a sign of the times. Sound like your Doctor deserves a gift. On behalf of your Doctor "Thank you very much"
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Only for whole team

Doctors
Today personal gifts for doctors are considered inappropriate by professional societies and regulatory bodies. However, a modest gift for a shared group is acceptable. In truth, it is your words of appreciation that are deeply meaningful to us. Times are tough in medicine. Doing the right thing is often very difficult. Receiving a thoughtful note can make all the difference!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

They would love it

I am sure they would appreciate your sentiment, I know I would. Appreciation
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Don't Forget Dentist

Dentist
I think it is a great way to show any health care provider you appreciate them. If I see 50 patients a day I hear "I hate seeing you" or "I hate dentists" close to that many times. If we treat you well, let us know - nothing elaborate - even a card will brighten our day! I have one patient that brings us donuts every visit - we love it when she comes in and she always can be worked in too!
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Dentistry Gamete intrafallopian transfer Women

answered:

Absolutely

Back
Your doctor is there to help you and people, they have dedicated much of their learning and lives to others. A token of gratitude is always a positive! I appreciate the offers, and usually pass it on to my staff, because they usually do not see the thanks as often. I also make an effort back to send a quick thank you, or put a note in the EMR to tell them thanks as well as acknowledge ethics.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Donation

Loss_of_vision
My staff and I love small tokens of appreciation, even just a card around the holidays. I also ask patients to donate to a good cause such as leader dogs for the blind, instead of giving us a gift.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Dogs Gamete intrafallopian transfer Vision loss

answered:

Certainly

Why not? Everyone likes to be appreciated for their service. Would you give a small gift for other folks who provide excellent services over a long time?
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

answered:

Nice

Hand_surgery
Nothing pleases a Physicians and their staff more than a thank you from a patient. The thought is what matters not the cost.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer

Yes

Doctors
doctors and staff love getting gifts thank you
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Gamete intrafallopian transfer