What kind of doctor do I need for migraine headaches? Any ideas about what medications I need?

Depends. It depends on why you are having migraines. If they are caused by clenching/grinding your teeth, you need a dentist and no meds. If it is due to nerve issues, you need a neurologist and meds. Stress/psychological issues, a psychiatrist and other meds. There are many possibilities. You may need multiple doctors if there are multiple causes. Best bet is to see your physician for guidance.
Many. Many primary care providers can diagnose and treat headaches including migraine. When migraine becomes frequent (more than two days of headache a month) or difficult to treat, a consultation by a neurologist with experience and / or special training in headache disorders may be a good idea. Keep in mind that it can take weeks or months to get an appointment with a specialist. You can find migraine specialists in your area by referring to online resources such as: http://www. Migraines. Org/help/helpclin. Htm while you wait for your appointment, it may be a good time to prepare by keeping a diary of your symptoms and how you treat them. More information about migraine and other headaches is available at: http://www. Achenet. Org.