Should i keep wrestling? I wrestle on the wrestling team for my high school. I have flat feet, shin splints, a tight it band, and i very recently recieved a bruised knee cap, and bursitis and tendonitis on that same knee!

Dr. Robert Conenello
Sports Medicine

In brief: ?

I am a doctor and a wrestling coach.
If you are injured than do not wrestle. If you are sore...Well that's part of the sport. Flat feet and tightness should not be your excuse motto train.

In brief: ?

I am a doctor and a wrestling coach.
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: Wrestling

Wrestling does involve intense physical exertion and contact.
Physical injuries are not uncommon. All wrestlers experience these things. Most of the injuries are minor but on occasion they can be significant. Whether you should keep on wrestling depends on your desire to participate in this sport. This sport depends on will and dedication. Wrestlers have succeeded with less than perfect physique and with disabilities. Whether you wrestle will depend on your heart. Your coach, trainers, and physician will handle the rest. Best wishes on your decision.

In brief: Wrestling

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine