I am a diabetic and have not had a period for months. I have taken a pregnancy test and it has come up negative. What could be t my blood sugars are not controlled.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea (absent period) is obviously caused by pregnancy; if pregnancy is not the case other issues that can cause amenorrhea are hormonal changes, significant weight gain or loss, stress/anxiety, perimenopausal(beginning of menopause); thryorid disorders, and diabetes.
My advice is to get your diabetes under control, and expect to see a return of your menstrual cycle. Make sure you inform your doctor that you are having this problem. Please take good care.

In brief: Amenorrhea

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis