I have had watery diarrehea for over 24 hours. Stomach cramps/bloating, dry mouth.No fever or vomiting. Got any ideas? I am almost never sick, so this bothers me some what. Should i see a doctor or wait it out

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Gastroenteritis

This may result from toxins or direct infections produced by a variety of bacteria (staph aureus, clostridium perfringens, bacillus cereus, etc.
), viruses (norovirus, rotavirus, sapovirus, etc.) and a variety of parasites. Most of these are self-limiting conditions and should resolve without therapy. If they persist beyond 5-7 days you should be seen by a doctor and evaluated. Good luck.

In brief: Gastroenteritis

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This sounds like a viral gastroenteritis or stomach flu.
The diarrhea should start to subside in about 2-3 days after the onset. If not then you sould seek medical attention as dehydration would need to be ruled out. I hope you are well by now.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Bradley Wilson
Dentistry

In brief: Wait

Wait it out because you don't really have a sign of infection, just the general symptoms of a 24 hour virus.
Give it a couple of more days and if there is no relief, take a stool sample to a physician for a more complete diagnosis.

In brief: Wait

Dr. Bradley Wilson
Dr. Bradley Wilson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine