Need a prescription for lotrel 10/20 mg filled. No refills left and no med insurance.Can i get a refill w/our dr. Visit? I monitor my blood pressure daily.. I have run out of my lotrel and have requested one more refill from my previous doctor, but have n

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Insanely expensive

Lotrel (amlodipine and benazepril) 10/20 costs $242 for 30.
It is a combination of Benazepril and amlodipine. Lisinopril which is the same type of med as Benazepril costs $4 for 30. Amlodipine alone costs $80 for 30 but lisinoprilhct ( Lisinopril plus hydrochlorthiazide instead of amlopdipine) costs only $4 for 30. Call your doctor and ask for a new prescription. Is there a free clinic near you? Are you a veteran?

In brief: Insanely expensive

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Call

Call your doctor and explain the situation.
See what they suggest. Depending on your other health issues and what the doctor needs to check before re-issuing your medication, they might be able to do a "nurse visit" for a blood pressure check and medication prescription - cheaper than a doctor's visit. Many offices also offer discounts to people paying out of pocket. Just ask.

In brief: Call

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Bennett Werner
Lotrel is expensive-it's not a good medicine if you have to pay out of pocket. Ask your doctor to switch you to lisinopril/HCT: it's equally effective, generic, and will cost $4 a month at Walmart.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology